Thursday, August 23, 2012

Back in the Day...but Why?

"So, What's your art form?" A simple enough question but I was completely without an answer. The funny thing is I started writing something a few days earlier that directly addresses this concern. 

All Grown Up 

I used to:
        not care so fucking much

Dance like...well...just dance 'cause it was fun       felt good     made sense 

Write poetry      and love it  hate it  then do more 

Talk to Everyone    I thought that's why we're here

Laugh out loud when something's funny

Insist that I was beautiful    NOT cute 

Grab snakes and ask questions later  ....ok, maybe not the best practice 

Know that Oz wasn't just some mythical place in a book   but my real life future home

Believe all words were good     until I got in trouble for using certain ones 

Run around naked   whenever I could   cause it felt good, natural, free....Safe 

Think love was just a good thing 

Life was full of potential and music and dance and theater and poetry. 

The buy-in for this adulthood thing isn't what I was sold.
These self-constructed walls need to see the light of fire,
as the 6-year old me dances all night to some Commitments, Chuck Barry, and Stray Cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment